Friday, June 12, 2015

Supportive Friends

When I started on my journey as a birth mom I lost all but one friend. I was alone and scared and relied heavily on my mom at that time. Almost a year after placement I met my best friend. At the time she was my manager at work. When she found out about my birth son she told me to bring in pictures to hang at our paint booth. A year later I moved away for eight months. Worst decision I ever made. I met some amazing people who played an important part in my life for those eight months. After I moved back I grew very close to my best friend in a very short time. She has been there every day since. Tammy has been there for everything. She yelled at me on Mother's Day, she gave me rides to my visits when needed. Tammy became my family. It was just the two of us for a long time. Tammy helped me find my husband. We are always there for each other and always will be.

Three years ago I met someone who I was connected to in a unique way. Denise had waited 14 years to meet me. She worked with my mom and knew all about my decision to place. The first day I met Denise I was at work and she ran up to me and hugged me. She told me she loved me. Every time she heard someone tell me that they don't know how I could give up my child, she came to my defense. Denise always brings a smile to my face. This past December was the first time we spent any real time together. Denise is the other half of my soul and I am thankful that she came into my life when she did.

I have made quite a few friends on-line in the last year through my support groups. Having others on the same journey has helped me in ways that I can't explain. There are many people that have touched my life and I am thankful for each and every one of them. I learned to surround myself with supportive and loving people and my life is better because of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment